Windows

Just In: Ojeih Oluwadarasimi top-notch fashion designer ®


Ojeih Oluwadarasimi

I am Ojeih Oluwadarasimi, CEO of Naya Afrik Fashion. I am an entrepreneur, who is into fashion designing. I am from Asaba, Delta State.

My entrepreneurial journey started when my older sister and her best friend ventured into it. I saw them reading books, watching videos and putting their hands into business.

It was good to see people so determined about their lives and making themselves better at such a young age.

In no time, I was also enticed and started paying attention. Then I chose to go into shoe making because of my love for shoes, but I couldn’t, due to insufficient funds. So, I began job-hunting to raise money and moved to Lagos from Abeokuta.

In Lagos, I met my trainer, Oladele John Iretijesu of JohnDavison Brand. On the fateful day, he called and invited me to learn, but I didn’t take it serious because I wanted shoe making.

But after thinking for a while, I concluded that it was still in the fashion line; that I could also venture into shoe making after making the money needed to start. So, I started fashion designing in May 2018.

The first few weeks were tedious. I had to learn how to make straight lines and using a machine. I started with the industrial machine, which runs faster.

Moving forward, I made a pair of shorts. Next was pattern drafting for shirts, trousers, skirts and bodice block. After seeing how good I was with male clothes, which are my trainer’s specialty, he referred me to a female trainer, Mrs. Anuoluwapo Obasa of Anncranberry Couture, where I trained for three months and graduated in October.

The first Job I got was a bomber jacket and I made N200 profit from it. I cried and felt very sad, because the customer was also into business and older, so I expected better from her. However, my trainer encouraged me.

I also had little challenges of funds sometimes for practical and projects, but regardless of all these, I pulled through.

When people see my work, they are very surprised that I make the clothes, because of the neatness and excellence. They think mostly that the clothes are bought abroad or made by top designers, but I make them.

I am dedicated to producing top quality clothes at affordable prices and making my customers happy.

My motivation comes from the desire to be part of the fashion revolution in Nigeria, from the regular tailoring of bespoke designs to beautiful ready-to-wear outfits. It also pushes me to do better and deepens my passion for what I do.

The experience has been awesome and worth it so far. I have come a long way from the challenging days to the good days.

We can all better our lives, by following our dreams. Age and background don’t really matter. What really matters is getting there. I believe in us and in our future.

I can be reached on the following details: Email: darafumnaya07@gmail.com
08083487892
Personal IG: @that_deltagirl
Business IG: @naya_afrik

The post Ojeih Oluwadarasimi top-notch fashion designer appeared first on The Guardian Nigeria Newspaper - Nigeria and World News.

Post a Comment

0 Comments